Thursday, August 28, 2003

Well, James left today headed back to Florida. I must say I am grieviously sad to see him go. In case you don't know James is my boss here at the farm. Technically, he is the marketing director for this facility and the South.

Early on in this adventure I talked extensively with him about plans to make this place rock. I got so excited and was in awe of what we are about to do. However, he still lived in Florida and needed to sell his house to move up here. Well, he finally sold his house, but it will be a few weeks still before he moves here. Until then this place remains on hold, pulling in what business that word of mouth can bring.

I am saddened to see him leave because I kinda feel like this place is a bit too big for one person(me) to handle. I always work best in a pack and right now I'm a bit of a lone wolf. I feel out of sorts.

That of course is compounded by the fact that next week all the VPs of the company are coming here for a meeting. I just know they are going to go over my store with a fine toothed comb. I want so much to make Mike proud and to not embarass him... Perhaps it's just nagging self doubt and fear of the unknown. Ultimately, I don't want to lose this job and anything that threatens that weighs heavily on me.

I guess I shall have to double my efforts.