Wednesday, October 30, 2002

Sorry I haven't been writing much lately. I've been busy setting up for the haunted house we're doing tommorrow. It should be fun... I get to be the executioner in a torture chamber. I think we'll be a shoe-in to win the first place prize. The only thing that is bugging me is that we got our grubby hands on a real skeleton to hang on the wall like a forgotten prisoner. I'm sure it's the remains of a female. I just hope her spirit doesn't get mad at me for putting her bones on display.

This week I sent off my resume to Games Workshop for a series of job openings they have in the Northeast. Today, I got a positive reply asking if I was open to relocating. Of course, for the opportunity to work for my favorite game company I'd move. My wife is excited about it too. She'd be a bit closer to the family. I hope by Northeast they are including Maryland or Virginia. I really fell in love with that place when I went there in '98. We'll see how things turn out. If I get invited to attend their recruitment seminar I'll be going in mid-November.

The cheerleader competition on Saturday was very interesting. The girls placed 6th in the cheer, 3rd in the dance, and 4th overall. It was interesting to watch. I imagine to an outsider is would be a bit like watching zulu tribesmen psyching themselves up for a big hunt. For the first half the event was just basically the girls stomping and cheering trying to get the audience worked up. I tell you... a gymnasium full of about 100 cheerleaders all stomping and cheering can get pretty loud. I'm real proud of the effort that my oldest daughter gave. I still honestly believe that she is one of the best cheerleaders in her squad.